Day 4 - Wait, There's Even More


Just a reminder: It's okay to leave comments!




Poetry that, is...



I can't help myself when making up silly titles for my blog posts. After all, I'm going to need thirty of these things* and I don't have a lot of spare time to fool with them. Please don't expect greatness and I promise not to disappoint you!



This a poem about Monday because—well, because it's Monday and that's all I could come up with.









This image, Writing on Notepad, courtesy of David Castillo Dominici at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
This image, Writing on Notepad,

courtesy of David Castillo Dominici at FreeDigitalPhotos.net




Monday



It's not a day that many love.

Often blue, or sad,

Or leading to something bad.



You just knew Kristofferson

Would have a Monday frown

After dealing with Sunday mornin' comin' down.



Maybe it's the weekly cycle

Of starting another work-week grind

That brings these feelings to mind.



As I board the train,

"Happy Monday," the conductor sings

As if there is such a thing.



Then, settling in for the long ride ahead,

I close my eyes as we pull away

To sleep, perchance to dream of Friday**.



                      K.R. Smith






*I'm trying to write a poem each day for National Poetry Month.



 Here are the poems so far:



   Day 1 National Poetry Month - Kick-off

   Day 2 Haiku, For You

   Day 3 A Poem For Free






** Yeah, I know. It sounds vaguely familiar to me, too.




© 2012-2016 K. R. Smith All rights reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Had Enough Fun With Simily

FSF Challenge - Doors

FSF Challenge - Thief